City Break: Thoughts on Radical Self Love + A Recipe Post


For the past few months ever since I"ve felt the healing effects that food has on me, I've noticed that I've become more aware and deeply in tuned with my emotions and feelings - let alone the sensations that my body feels every once in a while in different setups.

I also had my "challenging" days - days on which I fell back on my intuition and totally forgot about why I started I plant based lifestyle. Talk about Self Love. And oh boy, those days were just those days wherein you wish and pray that you feel so much better the next. Some of you may relate, some you of you wouldn't, and that's perfectly fine cause somehow, I have learned to accept the natural occurring dualities of this world. There are just things that are better not explained or sought answers to. It makes one accept and live in the present moment fully and not on his/her mind, for that matter.



Anyways, I would like to share with you snippets of the Life that I have been living whenever I go home here in Batangas - searching for answers within and re-balancing aspects of my health as well. I'm grateful that I get to enjoy both the "madness" of a busy life in the city and the peaceful calm that is here in our home. Perhaps, I'm meant to create balance within that I may retain that inner peace I get here as I venture out again in the city. This is one of my favorite things to do here as simple as it may look – walking around. Too often, we found ourselves dreaming of going to the best vacation spots in the world(well, I’m guilty of this as well!My heart aches for Marrakech!), and tend to overlook the beauty that we already have within reach.







What usually for breakfast?


If I'm not having my regular Green Juice, I'd usually have a combination of fresh fruits with my all time favorite Almond Butter! :D This saba - papaya and mango combination is very reminiscent of the place that had a huge factor in my journey of seeking healing..Bahay Kalipay in Palawan. I'll always be grateful to the generous and loving energy that they've shared. Thank you BK! Much love!

At this point, I would like to share with you a simple, traditional Filipino soup recipe that uses only 5 major ingredients! Yes, only five! You could eat this for lunch/ dinner with healthy grains like brown/ red rice or just by itself. It's so good!




Bulanglang(A Filipino Traditional Soup Recipe)






Ingredients:

2 cups of malunggay leaves
1 cup of chopped squash
1 whole garlic, minced
ginger, thinly sliced
salt & pepper to taste


1. Prepare all the ingredients first, along with 6-8 cups of clean, filtered water.
2. Place olive/ coconut oil in your pot, and let it heat for a at least 2 minutes.
3. Saute' your garlic until brown and as the aroma fills up your kitchen, cook the ginger slices along with it too.
4. Saute' the squash with it as well for a few minutes. You can include other green veggies such as beans and okra if you like. :)
5. Pour in water and let your soup boil, sprinkling a pinch or two of salt and pepper to taste.
6. Put in the malunggay leaves last as you would still want to retain the nutrients in this so don't overboil it. :)






Enjoy the soup! :)

It's very simple, yet very nutritious and filling. Cause sometimes, we seriously have to return to our roots, and even back to how our ancestors lived and ate back then. Food plays a huge role in our health and I strongly believe that when you provide a sick person with good nutrition, and a nurturing environment to live in, he/she would naturally heal. 




Much love,

Princess

You Might Also Like

0 comments