Breakfast & Croissants: A Pastry Princess Singapore Edition


They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I certainly agree with it not only for scientific reasons that it actually helps people in eating healthier throughout the day...but that's just pretty boring reason for me. HAHA.

I eat breakfast cause it makes me happy. :) It makes me feel so alive and definitely gives me enough energy to start my day. Do you remember those times when you feel like you're having a bad day, when you feel like you don't have enough energy or drive to do things that you have to do? 

Maybe..just maybe you skipped breakfast.

Or you had a "bad" breakfast. 


And by bad breakfast, it could be anything that makes you feel sluggish & bloated & heavy afterwards. I'm giving you all the freedom to think of the specific food that you would classify as bad breakfast cause after all, we've got our own taste preferences right? :D


And speaking of preferences & breakfasts & croissants (OOPS I JUST SPILLED ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITE BREAKFAST STAPLE! HAHA), thanks to the AND word, I was able to put my favorite things in the world in just one sentence:



There's a comfort and enticing feel whenever I have see croissants - and much much more when I eat them. HAHA. 

You can attribute such to  their unique shape, or it's uneven, flaky - butter rich crust layers and even to the numerous flavor variations that one can make(AND EAT) out of them. And to date (and I think my mom would wholeheartedly side with me on this), ALMOND CROISSANTS top off my list as the BEST BRUNCH CROISSANT, not only from our Pastry Quest in SG, but also here in Manila. :D The one from Circles Cafe' at Makati Shangrila's pretty good, plus it's affordable to compared to other specialty deli bakeries around the metro. :D

And never did I miss the chance to include this on my list for my Pastry Quest in Singapore that I seriously requested my ever supportive family that we should have different types of croissants for breakfast on our first day. ;) 

YUP, not just one. But three. ;)


This Croissant aux Amandes (struggling to pronounce it right. HAHA)  on your left was just one of the heavenly scrumptious croissants that we had for breakfast from Maison Kayser.  :) 

We had happy tummies indeed. :D



Man, it's exactly seventeen minutes after 9 and looking at this picture makes my mind wander off  to boulangeries & patisseries in France with their freshly baked croissants. 

UGH

Guess I'll settle for a pandessant for now(which I have yet to try  by the way! :D




We also tried this croissant ( WHICH NAME I TOTALLY FORGOT BTW) with a hazelnut filling which my brother, Prince Bonj loved the most. :D right Bonj? ;)

I'ved decided to call it a Nutella Croissant and hopefully Maison Kayser's completely cool about it.

*laughs 

I swear guys, I've put in so much thinking & meditation in trying to come up with such quite sophisticated name for that croissant. 

*straight face


Moving on....



AN ALL TIME FAVORIIIIIITE!!!!

Le pain au chocolat!!!! <3 <3 <3

Who would ever say NO to chocolate? 

NO ONE, right?

Cause you'll never go wrong with chocolate. :D

NEVER.

EVER. 


And so to compensate  for the sweetness overload that we had for breakfast, we decided to order a croissant breakfast set meal as well for our much needed protein & fiber fix. :D 

Oh and some KOPI too as well! Cafe Au Lait actually. ;)

Know more about Singapore's KOPI & TEH from my previous post by clicking this picture: :D

 We like to live a healthy life you know. ;) HAHA!




They also have these other French bread as well if you're not that much of a croissant fan. :D



You can say that we had a REALLY REALLY GREAT DAY. And yes, you can attribute it to the super delicious croissant breakfast that we had. :D 




And to our delight, we discovered a whole lot more selection of Danish & French pastries in the Lion City! :D Oh how wonderful could life EVER get? :D



These peach danish are JUST TO DIE FOOOR!!! Gotta love the melt in your mouth custard cream center and that oh so flaky cruuuust!!! I can seriously have this for lunch/dinner as well! Only if they're not loaded with so much butter & sugar, I can eat these along with croissants forever. HAHA. Oh well, I guess that's also the beauty in it. You get to appreciate it more whenever you eat it cause you know it's unhealthy to have too much of the same thing. Just like how cheat meals and all those  cheat stuff works. :D Just make sure it doesn't extend to a whole day...or worse. A WEEK. HAHAHA.





So to end this croissant madness, here's a few tips from yours truly: 

*Make sure you regularly eat breakfast. A healthy, balanced breakfast ALMOST ALL THE TIME that is. 


Well you can have a few croissants, pastries & maybe those cinnamon rolls at times. ;) Let me put one last emphasis on that, AT TIMES. not all the time, okay? :D


With much much love for everything croissant,

Pastry Princess



You Might Also Like

0 comments