A Healthier Choice Bakery by Chef Delcie: A Pastry Princess Quest Singapore Edition



I've been experimenting a lot in our little kitchen and have been making healthier versions of your traditionally sinful pastries & desserts cause I believe that indulging in cakes & pastries doesn't have to be as sinful as you think. Which is why this post holds a very special place in my heart.I have seen & visited a lot of vegan, vegetarian & gluten free bakeshops in the States before and one of the most famous is DC's Sticky Fingers. :D Even actually went to last year's DC VegFest at Yards Park and got to taste amaaaziiing desserts which are quite healthy! ;)  

Check out my previous post here guys! :D Let me warn you though, 

MAKE SURE YOU'VE EATEN YOUR BREAKFAST/LUNCH/DINNER before viewing this post, as you may quickly rush into the nearest shop to get a quick sweet fix afterwards. HAHA

http://worldtravelerandbaker.blogspot.com/2012/09/so-do-you-wanna-be-vegan.html

 I've literally grown up with all the sweet stuff that you could ever think of. My father would usually bring countless bags of gummy bears, jars of jelly beans, stacks of Cadbury milk chocolate (we super hated raisins and nuts back then to the point that we would really first remove those stuff before eating the chocolate itself. HAHA) and huge tubs of Double Dutch & Rocky Road Ice Cream  from his trip to US or just whenever he comes home. :D I think that's one of the fondest memories that I have growing up - eating sweets and not caring about the world and reality. 

*looks back & smiles

It's just priceless. 

But as I grew up and started to be aware of the things that I've been putting in my body,and seeing the effects of having too much of something, I've started to incorporate small, incremental changes to my eating habits and have been constantly tweaking and making my own recipes(especially with desserts) to make it less sinful. :) I want to be able to bake healthy desserts that my family could enjoy and still feel good about eating it. My father's diabetic, my two siblings are very much inlove with food and both my mom & I have been working our way to a healthy lifestyle. That's the vision that I have for a healthy pastry & cafe' that I am aiming to setup one day. Hopefully SOON. :D You can check it out here guys. :D


That's why when we booked our trip to Singapore, the first thing that I was on my mind was to find a healthy bakery/pastry shop there. And I couldn't be any happier when I found this little pastry haven in the middle of Kovan Street. :) 



Whoever says that one can't have a cake and not feel guilty about eating it MUST definitely pay a visit here at Delcie's! I love how they pay attention to the ingredients that they're putting into their cakes, brownies & cupcakes and they even  have this wall which basically summarizes their Baking philosophy:


This is definitely one of the most memorable, inspiring & motivating experience that I had in my Pastry Quest in Singapore so you better scroll down a bit more to know why. ;)




With the millions of stars in the skies, 

 I can assure you



IT'S WORTH IT. :D


First, I would like to thank my every supportive family :D

Thank you to my beautiful mommeeh, Dolphy(yes we call our dad that, thanks to my cute & not so little sister! HAHA), Bonj & ofcourse Baby Gutch for going with me on this Pastry Quest for the Healthiest Dessert in Singapore. ;) I really appreciate it. Thank you for patiently walking and getting lost with me while we were looking for this particular dessert shop on a quite sunny afternoon. I know you guys were very tired from our Little India adventure and you still came along. #hashtag #blush 

*GROUP HUG

And when we finally found the shop, we were warmly greeted by an array of delicious lookiiing cakes, brownieeees & desserts that we seriously didn't know which one to try first! :DDD I was also very much looking forward to meeting Chef Delcie(who's actually my number ONE bakespiration) but they told us that she was on vacation during that time. :(

OH WELL, I guess I have a valid reason to go back to Singapore soon! HAHA!




Cause there were just a lot of cakes to choose from - they've got blueberry forest, mud pies, cherry chocolate, rainbow strawberry cake & a few more - we asked what their bestsellers were. 

TA - DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!


 This is their MUD PIE CAKE SLICE which is egg free and uses 73% dark chocolate (if i'm not mistaken, I'm not so good at numbers which is why I took up Consular & Diplomatic Affairs as my college degree. LOL). The cake definitely gives you that healthy feel afterwards cause it's not too sweet. It's not  sweet at all, I swear. It's pure, intense cocoa goodness and is perfect for people who are actually monitoring their sugar levels  or just want a healthy treat for themselves. :) I highly recommend this cake for dark chocolate lovers, you'll instantly fall in love with the moist chocolate cake & the silk-like ganache frosting. :D 


Now that's what I truly call an inspiration for 2409 Weekend Bakery & Cafe's Signature Chocolate Cake(which you won't believe is Vegan once you taste it) which will be available for orders soon. Just keep posted with updates from our FB & Instagram page. :D




 NOW THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT! It was super good that I had to write about it on the shop's wall. ;)


WALNUT FUDGE BROWNIE BABYY! :D

It was super moist and had the perfect brownie chewy-ness to it that my mother actually liked as well. :) Too bad my brother went straight to the noodle shop after eating the Mud Pie cake and missed what this wonderful brownie had to offer. HAHA.

How I wish my tummy could accommodate more cakes! HAHA. I wanted to try their rainbow cake and blueberry forest as well but after three days of nonstop eating of all things sweet & heavenly, 

I just can't anymore. HAHA


As old folks would say about life and I would like to apply it as well in my pursuit of living a healthy lifestyle,

  Balance is Key.



Indeed it is.


 But I guess you guys could have a few more slices at Delcie's. :D haha!



With so much love,

Le Patisserie Princess

aka

Pastry Princess



PS

Hope to see you soon at 2409 Weekend Bakery & Cafe. We'll be serving Soulful Bakes, Smiles & Eats for your Heart. <3



You Might Also Like

0 comments