Baking Class, Baking School and Everything in Between




Oh how wonderful it would be if we could study and go back to school again!

Well, aside from the fact that we get weekly allowances from our oh so generous parents....

*winks

the whole experience of being a student - meeting new friends, learning new things, introducing yourself for X number of times in every single(YES I HAD TO STRESS THAT!) class for one whole day(which is ironically exhausting and fun by the way!) , are just few of the many things that werqing people terribly terribly miss!
I can seriously feel you guys even if you're just a few steps away from my office here in Makati, or if you're reading this from thousands of miles away...



That's why not  take a few classes that inspire or motivate you in some way?  

Learn how to paint your emotions in a canvass, take some  photography classes,  bake your heart out (WHICH I TOTALLY RECOMMEND BY THE WAY!) , or join a group fitness class that you've been seriously putting off for quite some time...It would be nice to take a break from your usual routines, learn something new, or even better, pursue a passion of yours. :") Which is why I'm writing this to share a few of the first ever formal baking classes that I had EVER. (Well, except those that I took up in HS though!




Cause I'm very much inspired by Chef Heny Sison and how she has helped aspiring chef & entrepreneurs as well to achieve their dreams, I've decided to take up her Baking 1(demonstration class by Chef Juan Carlo Estagle) and Baking 101(workshop by Chef Patty Loanzon) classes. As you can see above, we're dipping these SUPER DUPER YUMMYYYY French sables in white and milk chocolate!



I swear guys and I'm not even exaggerating but once you've tasted these cookies, you'll never want to eat the store-bought ones!!! They're just sooooooooo goooooooooooooooood! And yes, I like mine with THAT MUCH CHOCOLATE! ;)



Here are my
classmates 

dipping & 

decorating their 

sables! :)






















Now these are from the Baking 101 workshop with Chef Patty who effortlessly decorated these red velvets! She made it look so easy though! Practice makes perfect indeed! :)








Voilaaaa!!! Now my turn to

 decorate these babiiiees! <3







  If this isn't loooove!!!







Baked & decorated by yours truly!



TA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!




Here are the other stuff that we made fresh from the oven! Midnight brownies, Butterscotch bars, unfrosted red velvets and Apple Walnut Loaf! <3 



It was super fun! Not only we had so much sweets to take home, we also learned a lot of baking basics from Chef Patty and I'll forever be reminded that it's not only a matter of mixing things and putting everything in the oven. As they would always say, baking is exact science, one has to know the reasons behind the use of different ingredients, the proper ratio, the flavor pairings, etc. 

Still, I guess it would be nice to experiment and tweak a few things and eventually learn from there. 

*winks

Here are pictures from the demonstration class by Chef Juan Carlo Estagle who makes reallyyy reallyy beautiful cakes! Check his facebook profile guys I swear!

 Those cakes are just TO DIE FOR CHEF!!!


SUPER YUMMY 

PECAN TASSIES, 

MACAPUNO, 

BUTTERSCOTCH 

BARS AND A WHOLE

 LOT MOOORE!!!!



A  few years ago, I became addicted watching "Alice Academy". It's an anime cartoon wherein children with "alice" aka special power/abilities go to. There's this girl, Michan,  who seems quite ordinary but discovers that she, herself, has an alice too! Well, watch it guys if you want to know what it is! Haha! 

She introduced me to the world of one of my favorite desserts....

CREAM PUFFS!!!

MORE PASTRIES! :)









Happy girl with her certificate and 


with the one and only, Chef Carlo! :D



 By the end of the day, deciding to take baking classes like these were definitely worth the bucks...And because of my dream to open my own patisserie someday, I'm thinking of taking it to the next level and  get a Certificate Course in Baking and Pastry. Though I know there are a lot of factors to consider, it's something that I passionately consider. 

If you're an aspiring baker, a professional pastry chef, or you just happened to stumble upon my blog by any means(haha!), I would really..


REALLY


appreciate it if you could share your insights and maybe even recommend schools to consider for certificate courses? :)))))


Many thanks everyone! :)



With lotsa cupcakes, rainbows & love sprinkles,

Pastry Princess



PS

Watch out for my upcoming post on my first ever PASTRY SOCIAL EVENT! <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments