The Saturday Brunch Club: A Healthy Tribute to Bahay Kalipay


Who doesn't love brunch?


I mean, seriously.

Brunch could mean a lot of things. Aside from the obvious, which is most definitely comfort food, brunch could mean relaxation especially for people who had to eat early breakfasts for work, for busy moms out there preparing food for their children..or simply...it could be a special time to hang out with family, friends and, even people you haven't met.

*winks

Which is exactly what I had in mind when organizing the first ever Saturday Brunch Club. #talkabouthappiness #love and #goodfood

Ever since I was a kid, I would always organize games, tea parties and all those events that bring smiles, laughter and people together. I would remember having playmates over and we'd buy so much food which we'd usually gorge down after being immensely exhausted after play. Those were one of the best memories that I have and it seems that it carried on even up to now, most especially that I have received so much kindness from my recent trip to Bahay Kalipay in Palawan.

I organized this Saturday Brunch Club as my form of gratitude to Daniw and all the lovely people at Bahay Kalipay who taught me things which led to a positive transformation in my life. Just like a vessel, I cannot contain the light that I have received just for myself - it's my way of paying it forward, of giving back(cause it seems that a few words aren't enough to express the immense gratitude that I feel in my heart for all their kindness)..

Ofcourse, it's not just your ordinary Brunch, people! 


Our main intention is to spread good health, good food and lifestyle awareness to all. 

OMG. Did I sound so preachy at all? 

I hope not, cause joking aside, from the bottom of my heart it was exactly what I wanted to share with everyone.Thus, from the things that I've picked up from Bahay Kalipay to personal experiences and experiments as well, I've created a "Health Kits" which are actually Health Guides for people who want to jumpstart their journey on a healthy life. :) I'll be sharing those guides soon on the blog as well so keep posted or if you want a copy, feel free to leave your email addresses below and I'll send them to you. :)



It was a very diverse, yet intimate group and OMG, like literally, OMG!!! Even though we've only met that time, eating with all of them felt like family. :) It was a gathering of like minded people who continuously aim for better health and better lives. <3 Channa, who's on the right most side of the picture brought the highlight dish for our lunch (yes, we ate a bit late; nonetheless, it was deliciously awesome!!!): New Bombay's Biryani Rice and Curry Veggies! Man they were good!!! It complemented the Kangkong Garlic Rice that I prepared and the Gluten Free Banana pancakes (which were supposed to be eaten for brunch) became the hungry bunch's dessert. :)






We've also got Sara, Monette, Tita BJ and Tita Nona bring fresh fruits that were enjoyed pre - lunch. LOL. That seriously sounded like a PRE WORKOUT thing of some sort. Anyways, this super sweet partners apparently got stuck in traffic and arrived a bit tad late, and ended up eating their own food. We still love you so much Fatima and Jules and we sincerely, sincerely, appreciate your glowing presence among us. We really do. #heartsandhugs




























Don't you just love how vibrant and colorful these fruits are? :)

Here's a tip for you beautiful fella:

Fruits are best eaten and absorbed by the body in the morning as they assist in the elimination of toxins in our bodies. From experience, it is best to eat only a variety of 2-3 kinds at one meal so it's light on your digestion. Well, if you're the type of person whose tummy could tolerate almost ANYTHING, by all means, GO AHEAD and enjoy your food. :)


My point here is, we are unique individuals with different body composition, feels differently and are passionate about diverse things. Applying this principle with food, it is only us who could decide(based on experience and constant awareness) which ones are best for us. :)


I'm just here to share guides and best practices that I've learned along the way in this healthy journey. :) And do you know the beautiful thing about it? It's a constant, evolving journey of learning about life, health and happiness..and it all starts from within...

























Here's to more brunch on Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays!

Here's to vibrant health!

Here's to more love, compassion and kindness!

Here's to awareness, breathing and life!

Here's to good health!

Here's to pursuing our passion!

Here's to being brave!

Here's to standing up one's ground!

And finally,

Here's to sharing more of your light!!!



We're seriously looking forward to more HEALTHY BRUNCHES with you! :)


Follow @the_earthprincess at Instagram to get more updates on the next one! See you guys!


Love PS Thank you mi amour for supporting me all the way. <3 Love you!!! <3




You Might Also Like

0 comments