Stripping Labels: Get Real



To say that these past few days have been fairly challenging would be an understatement.

Paulo Coelho said it right on his book, Aleph...

Everything is movementI've experienced so much "ups" in my life for the past few weeks and just as how the concept of balance works, there are ofcourse, downtimes.

The past two weeks have been quite challenging for me physically, emotionally and spiritually as well as I've found myself overwhelmed by events that I've attended, people I've associated with and people of conflicting views especially on food.

One very important thing I've realized today is the very essence of RESPECT: respect for one's beliefs, views, suggestions and philosophies in life. And that of HUMILITY and ACCEPTANCE. Be humble enough not to get on a fight or an argument with that person, and instead learn to accept the reality of the situation.

I used to have a very strict rule on food before and even labelled myself as a Vegan, a Vegetarian who occasionally eats fish, seafood, etc, Gluten Free(and so I kept avoiding all things with wheat/gluten)..and now, I've realized that these are just LABELS.

Labels that we associate with ourselves. And there's nothing wrong with that. I've got friends who are hard core vegan for purely ethical reasons. I know people with a very strict diet without gluten cause they apparently get rashes/ hives whenever a trace of it enters their immune system..As for me, this journey seems quite interesting.

I have been experimenting with lots of diets. I've gone raw for a while, Vegan, Gluten Free...and I've learned that the best kind of diet would be the one wherein you listen to your own body. I've made the mistake of putting my health on the hands of other people whom I thought would be able to heal me. Several times I may say. And during those times were the worst days I sweaaaaaaaaaaar! And I've noticed that whenever I take my health in the matters of my own hands and my own mind..the magic happens..that's when everything goes back into balance with my health. 

I've decided to remove myself of all labels, focusing on eating whole, unprocessed food...cause that's essentially what's going to heal us..when we remove toxins from our body and from what we eat.

It's very empowering, to take 100% charge of our own health, happiness and life. It's very empowering to know that only ourselves could reinvent our lives, change how we feel and start making those choices that would enable us to live a life that we've always wanted to live.

The past few weeks had been quite a good, tough and challenging teacher for me and I'm thankful for the lessons I've learned.

You can never, ever look for happiness outside of you..whether that be in your job, your relationships..with your family, with your loved one, with your workmates, with your friends...

One can only find happiness WITHIN.

There you go, I just wrote a reflection paper and shamelessly posted it on my blog. ;)

But who cares? These are my thoughts, I know you have yours and I respect it and with all love, kindness and compassion, I hope you learned from mine today as well. :)

Cause most of the time...

PS Please consider the word SOMEDAYS removed :DDD








You Might Also Like

0 comments