Meal Prepping Made Fun and Easy: An Earth Princess Special Series



So you've waited long enough..

Long lines, the heat..the hunger...




Until when..


Until when are you going to do this to yourself?






Hahaha!

I almost died of laughter while writing the above lines..it seemed so melodramatic to open up a post about encouraging you to start bringing your own food, especially those who work and don't have that much time within the day to pay attention to what they eat. 

Trust me. I'm that serious and passionate about getting this message across. Well, actually, it's only a teeny tiny part of the whole message. 


Be mindful, proactive and have fun with your food.



Cause when used properly, it can work as a natural medicine for every single ailment out there. 

Always feeling dizzy at work?

It could be your food that greatly influences how you feel. 

I mean, there may be several other factors out there, could be the workload, the upcoming deadline, your commute..but these things are outside of you. 

Let me put a strong emphasis on that.

They're OUTSIDE of you, and we can only do as much to focus on what's going inside of ourselves..cause that's the only thing that we can "control". 

What goes inside you, your head, your body, your soul(oh yes i'm that passionate about this and i'm saying it for the nth time. lol), solely depends on YOU, what you choose to eat and drink for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even during those occasional snack times.

I mean, you can't blame your boss for being so generous that he treated everyone for pizza on a Friday and you almost devoured the whole thing. Or that handsome guy who happens to sell the most delicious burger.. I know, this is just an exaggeration but I hope you get the point.

Cause after all, it's YOUR CHOICE. 


It's all yours honey. :*

And we all know that at times, our discipline and will power gets the better of us..That's why I'm here to share with you how fun, easy and empowering, preparing meals could be. You could do this with family and friends so everyone gets motivated to eat healthier everyday. :D




GUIDE TO MEAL PREPPING


1. Know your body. Know yourself. Know what YOU want to eat.

This is fairly simple. Get a pen and a paper, and list down all the things that you want to eat. Here's a tip, what I do is I make 4 columns: BREAKFAST, LUNCH, SNACKS and DINNER. And from there, I build up my list. :) It took me a while to discover this method as I would always just mindlessly write down what I want to eat. Believe me, cutting them into chunks like that would make your eating, if not your life, simpler. ;)



2. Learn the basics about WHOLE FOOD NUTRITION.

Focus on WHOLE, REAL, NUTRITIOUS FOOD. Like what the health nazis say, if you can't read it, don't eat it. I know you could read Monosodium Glutamate, but using your very beautiful brain, you know how bad it is for your body right?  So balance, balance and common sense go a long way in this. And make sure you enjoy the whole process of learning things about food that truly nourishes your body. 

VEGETABLES. FRUITS. WHOLE GRAINS. WILD CAUGHT FISH. NUTS. SEEDS.


Stick with this list and you'll be feeling great in no time. :)



3. Believe in Yourself and Be Consistent.

A week of healthy meal preparation won't make the cut. You have to have that mindset that it's a lifestyle, and not just a short term thing. 

Even after a few weeks and you don't get results that you want, keep going and keep learning from what you have already done and don't be afraid to ask questions especially from people who really know their stuff. :) And believe in yourself, believe that you are and will be making the best and healthiest choice.


Here are samples of my MEAL PREPS for the past few weeks!



From left to right: Caramelized Bananas and Apples(not in picture), Spinach, Carrots, Asparagus and Tuna Meal, Spinach Basil Tuna Brown Rice Pasta <3 <3 <3 

These are my meals for this week and so far I love them! <3 <3 <3



This was from a few weeks ago. 

Shrimp and A Veggie Dumpling Meal.

Check out my Recipe post here
Steamed Okra and Sayote with Prawns,
Banana for Snack and Celery, Grape and Almond Trail Mix for Breakfast

These were times when I really wasn't inspired, as you can see the difference from the first photo with this. :) Oh how our emotions play such an important role! They reveal the truth when our minds would tell us otherwise. Charot!




This is a dish made of steamed kangkong, cauliflower, turmeric brown rice and sauteed shrimps.















I love turon! At work, they always buy banana cue or turon for merienda and as much as they taste so good, I know that they're deep fried in oil...which makes me cray a beautiful oily death. Thus, I've resolved to make my own at home bring it to work. :) And the best part about this, I get to sprinkle my favorite sweet spices, talk about cinnamon, nutmeg and a little bit of coconut sugar to enhance the banana's natural sweetness. Bongga!

Voila, wrap them up and fry with coconut oil, you've got a yummy sweet snack/ dessert to get you going throughout the entire day!




I hope you enjoyed browsing through the meals!

Here's a simple shopping list guide that you may start with when you do your grocery! :D



GREENS

Kangkong
Pechay
Spinach
Malunggay
Lettuce


VEGETABLES:

Carrots
Okra
Cabbage
Sayote
Eggplant
Squash
Ampalaya


HERBS:

Basil
Mint
Coriander


FRUITS:

Papaya
Pineapples
Apples
Pears
Kiwi
Banana
Oranges





NUTS
:

Almonds
Cashews 
Walnuts
Pili Nuts
Hazelnuts


SEEDS:

Pumpkin seeds
Sunflower seeds


Extra Lovin'

70 % Dark Chocolate/ cacao nibs
Almond Butter <3
Cashew Butter



Seafood(freshly caught as much as possible)

Salmon ( Oh how I love salmon, either seared in olive oil then sprinkled with a little salt, lots of pepper and lemon! then make that lemon herb sauce, oh gosh! then sautee some mixed vegetables with some Tamari sauce, you have a complete, nutritious and brain boosting meal for lunch! )


Shrimp

Tuna Steak ( Marinate Tuna with Tamari Sauce, calamansi, chili, freshly sliced ginger, a pinch of salt, pepper, turmeric and curry powder for at least 15 minutes, sear in olive oil goodness, then pair with fresh salad greens(arugula mixed with spinach would be great with a mango olive oil dressing to counteract the taste of the fish, for the lack of a better word. ;) )


---

What I've shared above are just a few things that you could prepare. The possibilities are endless, especially with food cause we could always find ways to be creative and at the same time, enjoy it. That's most important thing to note while doing this, it makes the whole difference when you love and enjoy what you do.

I keep on reminding myself that everything is energy, and if you mindfully translate, loving and thoughtful energy to your food, you will be able to feel the difference when you eat it..rather than opting for "fast, convenient" stuff...

It may take time and effort, and like any other relevant pursuit in life, trust me, it's going to be worth it. :)






Lots of compassionate earth lovin'


The Earth Princess


You Might Also Like

0 comments