Twenteen Wonderful Years & Counting!



So exactly, six hours and thirty seven minutes from now, as I am beautifully struggling to keep my eyes open here at the office(cause I just had the best lunch EVER!!!) while writing this, I'm technically entering another wonderful stage of a lady's life - Oh goodbye teenage yeaaars! Hahaha!

*still gonna young, carefree and happy forevuuh!

HAHA.



Childish as it may sound, it's true. :) I never realized that time would pass by so quickly, as if yesterday I was just this super "nene" highschool girl who loves to eat fishballs, kikiam and kwek kwek (OH AND DON'T YA EVER EVER FORGET THE BEST NATA DRINK IN TOWN!) with my best girlfriends...a girl who loves every single thing with tiny or even huge bows, from headbands to flats to notebooks to LITERALLY EVERYTHIIING..but one of the best memories I have involves my undying love for everything sweeet! I remember back then when Papa would come back from the US and would bring huge bags of all kinds of Cadbury chocolate, the biggest pack of those super yummy Trolly gummy bears and huge boxes of Nutellaaaaa...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...such a sweet nostalgia this is! 


And you know the funniest memory that I have? It's when my mom would literally hide the chocolates in our secret room in the attic cause we just can't stop eating and eating and eating sweets all day! I'll always be fond of those memories...family bonding over chocolates, chips and a good TV show...those days, simple as they may seem..are one of the most treasured memories that I have with my childhood. :)


Priceless indeed! <3

Enough of those reminiscing, let's now get to the main topic of this blog! :)

A few months ago, I've officially made my Not So Ordinary 20 Must Things that I Want to Do Before I turn 20 and as promised, I'm writing this to give you an update guys! :)

You can check the whole post on this site:

http://worldtravelerandbaker.blogspot.com/2013/01/your-not-oh-so-ordinary-20-must-things.html


But if you're too lazy to read the whole thing, here's the list! :)

Now going back, last December 19, 2012, I finally decided to write my own list and I would like to share it with you guys! I will do my very best to accomplish these 20 things and I'll definitely definitely have a blog update on all of these!!! :)))))


  1. Explore at least one part of the Philippines with   mi familia– Vigan, Ilocos,Bacolod or Sagada, whichever is available! Most important thing is that it should be a place in PH that I HAVEN’T GONE BEFORE

  1. Give my family presents from my own hard earned money! :D

  1. Hold at least one Princess Pastry Social event for my family & friends and let them try my very own signature recipe for Royal Pastry!

  1. Have at least one bake sale event in Batangas or in Manila!

  1. Get a full time job that is related to my field of study!(mainly to finance my baking needs!)

  1. Achieve my health & fitness goal! Be 104 lbs. with lean muscle & flat abs! *WINKS

  1.  Be a princess for one day in Disneyland!

  1. Be sun kissed in the beach this summer of 2013 with family & friends!

  1. Go see the Hollywood sign: UP CLOSE!

  1. Watch a classical music orchestra!

  1. Learn how to ice skate!

  1. Run a 5k for a cause!

  1. Be the BEST DRIVER that I could ever be! Let’s get the wheels on!

  1. Sleep under the stars with people dearest to my heart and make a wish.

  1. Write a letter to myself on how I would like things to be,  on things I would like to accomplish and how I picture my life to be in 10 years.  Secure it in a bottle, bury it in our garden and open it on the 25th of April 2023.

  1. Try a belly dancing class!

  1. Ask family and friends’ help in creating a beautiful scrapbook full of pictures & description with our best memories of each other so far!

  1. Read at least 5 new inspiring books and share it with other people as well!

  1. Have a full weekend with no electronic gadgets, internet, etc. Just plain, simple & happy bonding with my loved ones!

  1. Record your favorite song and post it online(FB, Youtube, Twitter). IKR? ;)

Moment of truth now I guess. :) I must admit, when I was writing this 20 Must Things To Do list, I was very optimistic that I would accomplish everything along the way given that I almost had three months to finish everything...But as they say, things don't always go as planned so you better be always prepared! :D 

You'll know what I mean along the way!


 LET'S START! :D


Last month, we had visitors(Papa's friends) from the States who asked the whole family to join them to Angeles, Pampanga in PORACAY. Sounds familiar? Powdery fine sand beaches...best nightlife...what else? HAHA! 

Thou shall not be deceived cause this famous resort in Pampanga is definitely getting a lot of attention due its unique and super intriguing name! I guess it's just too obvious for me to say why...

but for people who haven't seen or heard of this famous tourist spot that our country is very much proud of...

Photo courtesy of Attractour.com

Boracay!

I seriously wish that we went here! HAHA!



1. Explore at least one part of the Philippines with   mi familia– Vigan, Ilocos,Bacolod or Sagada, whichever is available! Most important thing is that it should be a place in PH that I HAVEN’T GONE BEFORE

But here is PORACAY instead! :)


Picture picture with Kuya! 



MI FAMILIAAA @ PORACAY! <3 Plus Tito Ernie & Doc Ben! :) 



2. Give my family presents from my own hard earned money! :D



Bought this Chanel perfuuume for Maderrr!!! <3

Disney Princess dolls for Babyy Gutch 

Harry Potter wands for Brooo 

and a special something for father deaar! <3


3. Hold at least one Princess Pastry Social event for my family & friends and let them try my very own signature recipe for Royal Pastry!

Everything just fell into plaace here! After coming back from the US, Tita Armie and Tito Bong said that they were going to host Ardenn's 7th birthdaay party and being the passionate baker that I am, I volunteered to provide the sweets and pastries for the guests! <3 <3 <3




I'M SUCH A HAPPYYY KIIID HERE!!! Glad everyone enjoyed the Royalty Bars, Kookie Cups and the Queen Mother Brownies as well! <3

You can check our Facebook site here for more details guys!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Royal-Pastries/432829250075844

Also, follow us on INSTAGRAM

royal_pastries






4. Have at least one bake sale event in Batangas or in Manila!


OH YES!!! 

First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who supported this mini bake sale! <3 Hopefully you could visit us @Baker's Dozen and even @Mercato Centrale in the next few months when we joiiiin the food faiiiirs!

Here we sold mostly kookies!!! Different types of them:



MINI SMORES KOOKIES on top, POLKIES on the left and assorted KOOKIES on the right! :)




SAY HELLO TO OUR OREO STUFFED KOOOKIIIIEEEES!!!! <3 <3 <3


Iyen and Tita Verna enjoying Royal Pastries' kookiiiies!!! 


5. Get a full time job that is related to my field of study!(mainly to finance my baking needs!)


How did it feel when you receive your first month's salary? :) Great right? And I'm super thankful for the Lord for giving me such a wonderful job at this time. I loove myy job especially the people whom I work with! :)))



They're so sweet they even surprised me on my birthdaaaay!!!!! <3


KAP KUN KHAAA!!!



6. Achieve my health & fitness goal! Be 104 lbs. with lean muscle & flat abs! *WINKS


EPIIIIC SUMMAAAH AT BORACAY 2013!

I may not be there yet, but I work hard every single day to get there! <3 <3 <3



 7. Be a princess for one day in Disneyland!


Thank you to my dearest friends who made this magical trip possible! <3 I guess this would be my 4th or 5th time here at this fairytale land, nonetheless, it never fails to fascinate the inner child in me. <3






8. Be sun kissed in the beach this summer of 2013 with family & friends!

Due to the EPICNESS of this adventure, it deserves a separate blog post! :) Though this happened after my 20th birthday, still!!! <3 <3 <3 The most important thing is that IT HAPPENED! :)


JUST A SNEAK PEEK! 

EPIC SUMMER IS EPIC! ONLY IN LA BORACAY...

cause, summer is more FUN IN THE PHILIPPINES!



9. Go see the Hollywood sign: UP CLOSE!


Uhm. This is the Best Hollywood Sign that we saw Upclose. Too bad they restricted tourists to go to the real thing now! Haha!



10. Watch a classical music orchestra!

I've always teased my brother for his love for classical music until I got really curious how it feels like to experience listening to one live! :) Well I guess after watching Gao Ca play his violin solo along with the world renowned Phil Harmonic orchestra....my Fridays once in a month will be dedicated to watching such calming & enchanting live orchestras!


 



                   




11. Learn how to ice skate!

This one I still have to doooooooooooooooooooooo!!!




12. Run a 5k for a cause!

Does running on a treadmill at the gym for 5k count? 

I guess not.

So this one's still on my list and hopefully my friends and I could get to join Color Dash Run @ Fort this coming Saturday so I could cross this off my TO DO LIST! :)



13. Be the BEST DRIVER that I could ever be! Let’s get the wheels on!

Still werqing on this! I had my first driving lesson with Kuya Joseph way back and I can say that managing to stay alive was already an achievement! LOL! Miss you Kuya Joseph!! 

I also had my first official driving lesson last year so now my focus is to consistently practice driving until I can rock the wheels! :DDD



14. Sleep under the stars with people dearest to my heart and make a wish.


During my latest trip to Boracay, I remember telling my friends how nice it is to stay there cause we rarely see a lot of stars here in Manila. There's just a magical element that I find with stars ever since I was a kid, maybe because of their light which always, always reminds me that everyone deserves to shine bright. :)

OH and by the way, I completely forgot to make a wish while we were there cause everything seemed to be right and there was nothing more that heart yearned for during that time.. :) 





15. Write a letter to myself on how would like things to be,  on things I would like to accomplish and how I picture my life to be in 10 years.  Secure it in a bottle, bury it in our garden and open it on the 25th of April 2023.


YUP! DONE THIS! <3



16. Try a belly dancing class!

Not yet but this is definitely a must this year! :)))) Gotta work on that abs! Haha!!!


17. Ask family and friends’ help in creating a beautiful scrapbook full of pictures & description with our best memories of each other so far.

I bought a fuschia pink scrapbook a few weeks agooo but I haven't gotten the chance to really really start this one! Ugh I know and I'm definitely werqing on this one cause I want to be able to browse something as personal and creative as a scrapbook. :) 

Suggestions, anyone? :D




18. Read at least 5 new inspiring books and share it with other people as well!




      

JUST ONE MORE! :)



19. Have a full weekend with no electronic gadgets, internet, etc. Just plain, simple & happy bonding with my loved ones.

Believe me guys I've tried doing this especially when we're at the province. Haha! I always have plain, simple & happy bonding moments with my family but thing is, I still have to learn how to detach myself from the 21st century's modern technologies. 

*winks



20. Record your favorite song and post it online(FB, Youtube, Twitter). IKR? ;)

OH THIS! I might post the video soon so ya'll better watch out! 


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I guess that's the end of my 20 Must Things To Do List! Though I wasn't able to fulfill every single one, I'm still happy that I got to do more than half of my list and I'm definitely making a follow up on the things that I wasn't able to do just yet. ;)

It's just really wonderful to be alive and be able to work towards achieving one's dreams in life so whatever point you are in your life, let's not give up! :D

Hope you enjoyed this journey with me and if you've done the same things or even made your own 20 Must things to do list, I would appreciate it if you share the link with us by posting it below! :) 


Thank you very much and till our next adventuuure!!!


World Traveler



You Might Also Like

0 comments