For the Love of Provence: The Pitch for La Pitchoune that was never submitted


I never had a formal culinary background, but at one point in my life I did one of the craziest, boldest and yes, I must say one of the best things I ever did in life. A Consular and Diplomatic Affairs graduate from Lasalle – turned Line and Pastry Cook for Manila’s pioneer Bakery & CafĂ© by the name, Wildflour. I was unstoppable as I sought to be the best Pastry Chef that I could ever be.

Fearless was my middle name.

My soul seeks to live, and breathe, and cook, and bake and serve once again through this Divine gift - turning simple, wholesome ingredients into delicious and nourishing dishes that warm one’s heart. Our society has become so preoccupied with all other things that we forget the importance of preparing our own food from scratch and really take that time to channel loving energies into our food.
Cooking, in itself, indeed is an Art. If given this opportunity, I would happily create and share warm fresh herbed vegan butter to glaze on top of our freshly sliced baguettes, marvel and fearlessly take part in cooking ingredients that may look and sound (sound, oh yes, definitely! laughs) foreign  - challenging the “limits” I did set for myself when it comes to what I could and couldn’t eat.

 I don’t want to be afraid anymore.

I wish to revitalise my love and excitement if not as a Cook, but even as a normal person who wishes to bless her family, friends and loved ones with good food once again. This opportunity to cook at La Pitchoune’s kitchen where the legendary Julia Child left traces of her genius would hopefully (and yes, I mean who wouldn’t be inspired?) spark that brave soul once again to not be afraid – to go deeply within and let intuition be my guide me as I share such wonderful space with equally passionate souls – waking up early to pick up freshly baked artisanal breads, breathing in Nature’s goodness as we stroll around and explore Provence’s farmers markets, living like locals even just for a few days. And as I can imagine the best part of it would be the priceless moments of discovering well-kept culinary secrets, and genuinely connecting to one another while enjoying a sumptuous dinner or while having some croissants and jam for breakfast – reminiscing what good of a meal we had. The best Chefs that I’m grateful to have known so far always seek to refine their craft through this infinite knowledge – and I wish to experience every single thing that Provence has to offer.

My soul irrevocably misses it. I miss delighting people’s palates with my food and start taking ownership of my life.
The kitchen would be a good place to start, don’t you think?
Oh did I just hear you say La Pitchoune? Well then, I bet we’re off to a great opportunity of a lifetime.

I’m just sayin’.


You Might Also Like

0 comments