DC Cupcakes: Not Your Usual Guide!


Ever wonder what it is in cupcakes that make people go crazy about them? 


Maybe it's the frostiiing -  whether that be cream cheese, butter cream, vanilla, chocolate or even strawberry, or that tiny little cake baked in a cupcake tin, those little sprinkles on top, or I don't know! I think it's all those teeny tinyy little details(hello redundancy!! :D), when seen and (forgive me for a lack of a better word) devoured at the same time as a whole - that truly made cupcakes a WORLDWIDE PHENOMENON! 


But then, just like traveling to new places, knowing what makes cupcakes so loooved by everyone entails a first-hand experience. I mean, who doesn't love cupcakes? They make life so much more wonderful with every sinful bite! hahah! 

So the moment I knew I was flying to DC for the first time ever, I knew I had to exercise more!


FAST FACT: AN AVERAGE SIZE CUPCAKE IS AROUND 350-400 CALORIES!!!
I KNOOW RIIIGHT??? But WHY DON'T YOU JUST?
PHOTO CREDITS TO GOOGLE


So for once, when you'll visit DC in the future, SCREW YOUR DIIEEET cause cupcake shops here are literally everywheere! Not to mention the famous Georgetown cupcakes and ofcourse, the Sprinkles bakeshop too! :))) 

I can say that I was very ecstatic to know why such cupcakes have been such a phenomenon, especially Georgetown cupcakes which even has its own show! I wanted to know what sets it apart from other cupcake shops that I've tried before, like Cukay's in the Philippines and with other shops here in DC. :) SO ARE YOUR READY FOR A WONDERFUL CUPCAKE ADVENTURE? :)))


EXCITEMENT IN MYY FAACE! :)



FIRST STOP: GEORGETOWN CUPCAKES






On my second day here in DC, I decided to explore Georgetown in search of those super famous cupcakes that are featured in the show, DC Cupcakes!!! Even before, I've badlyyyyyyyyy wanted to tryy them!!! Seeing those cute little cupcakes on TV and now they seemed to be just a few steps awaaay and I seriously don't have any word to describe that feeling while I was walkiiing my waay to Georgetown! I don't knoow! I looved their show and all and I felt like a little giirl wanting to taste a red velveeet cuupcaake! <3 <3 <3 



Oh when I remember theese tiimes! hahahah! How I wish I have my girlfriends with me to share such experience! 



I'm coomiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing to eaaat youuuuuu, RED VELVEEET CUUUPCAAAAAAAAAAKES!!!



And indeed, HEAVEN was what it felt like when I saw these cupcaaakes beautifullyyy arranged in round towers!!!!!




MOOORE CUPCAAAAAAAKES!!

For a few moments in my life, hahahaha! I was just so happyy entering the stooore, just like a worry free little giiirl who just wants to have a red velvet cupcaake! And I was indeed very lucky cause went I went there, I didn't have to wait in a long queue!! :)))) So I happily ordered a red velvet cupcaaake and I remember that I was actually torn by getting a Lava Fudge cupcake or the Salted Caramel! So I seeked some help from these two people above, and well they told me that they're both good but they love Salted Caramel better!


Lo & behold!!! 




TO DIEE FOOOOOOOR!!!
Recalling my experience, it took me quite a long time before I actually sat and ate the cupcakes cause I took tons of pictuuures of literally everything in the store! Bold as I was, I asked the front counter persons to take pictures of me at the store! hahahaha!!! :)) Go ahead and take a look!!



Who wouldn't looove  to have theeese in theiir refrigeraaaaaaaaatooor?? :))



HAPPINESSSS INDEEED!!!!





She's makiing heaart toppings for the red veelveet!!!


Definitely getting one of these for my fuuutuure apartmeeent!!!








BEFOORE EATING THE RED VELVEEEEET!!




BEHIND THE SCENES! :))) 

Okaay! Enough of those pictuures! Now, I would like to share my reviews of the two cupcakes that I've tried so far in Georgetown. :)

RED VELVET CUPCAAKE 



THUMBS UP FOR THEESE! They're moist and reallyyy RED VELVETYYY!!! But I don't know, maybe because during those times I was super exciited and all thaaat - that I really wasn't able to indulge myself into the flavor of the cupcake! But I must say that this is really worth your buck! Super generous cream cheese frosting!! For those who like their cream cheese frosting to have a more dominant sweet flavor, then this cupcake is definitely the one for you! :DDD Overall, I loved them! :DDD 






SALTED CARAMEL CUPCAKE



I actually told myself that I will juuust eat the red velvet and save the other one for the next day cause it really has tons of caloriies on each! Well, hahahha! looks like I just can't resiiist this cupcake's calliing!! :))) SALTED CARAMEL CUPCAKES ARE SO DAAAAMN GOOOD! For people out there who really like sweeeet and cheewy caramel, these are for youuu! <3 
I'm actually a red velvet person myself, but when I tasted theese!! OMGGG!!! I think I might switch to a CARAMEL PERSON FOR A WHIIILE! :))))))))))

Btw, I was really thankful that I came in earlyyy cause on my waay baack, this is what I saw:



LINEUP OF PEOPLE OUTSIDE THE FAMOUS CUPCAKE SHOP!

-----

The same day I ate two cupcakes from Georgetown, I was on my way back to ride the metro when the rail poured REAL HARD! So I looked for a nearby cafe and wheen I saw this,



I JUST KNEW RIGHT THERE & THEN, I HAD TO TRYYY THEEEEEEEEEEM!!!


The shop wasn't as big and vibrant as the Georgetown cupcakes though but these cupcaakes still look veryyyyyyy goooood!!! 





I'll definitely have theeese next tiime!! Chocolate marshmallow cupcakes AKA SMORES CUPCAAAKES! <3

SPRINKLES SHIIIRTS!!!
 Not knowing what to get, I asked for their bestseller! And why was I not surprised by her answer: the red velveeet! But thing is, I just had one a few hours ago so I decided to get their newest flavor!!

VANILLA HAZELNUT 




These cupcakes are good for nutella loovers cause obviously they used some of those reallyyy good spread on theiir frostiing! :) In comparison with Georgetown cupcakes, the cupcake itself has more crisp edges and its bigger. Well I guess I have yet to try their other flavors as well to give a really thorough review of their products! But they have to work on getting those cupcakes more moist though! :DDD Overall, they're good!!!

---------

Next stop would be a cupcake shop that my aunt has been telling me to try cause she said that it's just as good as Georgetown's and their cupcakes are super moist! So when I was out for lunch near Pennsylvania Ave., I readily recognized it and decided to have a cupcake for dessert!!! :) I sweaaar, I can afford not to eat super heavy breakfast and lunch and dinner, but not to try and eat in a newlyyy fouuund cupcaake store would spell DISASTER FOR MEE! hahha! now I know that's exaggerated but cupcakes just have a way of lifting up my spiriiit! :)

WELCOME TO CRUMBS BAKERY SHOP!!!


THAT'S RIIIGHT!!!




THEY'RE 500 CALORIIEE CUPCAAKES BTW!!




SO IF I WERE YOU, GET YOUR RUNNING SHOES ON! HAHAHA




 I must say that I definitely had a hard time choosing what flavor to get, there was a black bottom cupcake which has cream cheese filling on it, ofcourse the usual red velvet and caroot cupcakes, the birthday cupcaake - there was just so manyy great choices that I had to ask again the cashier person about their bestseller! hahaha! I got the same answer from her, RED VELVEETS! haha! But then again, I wanted to try somethin new. Remember when I said that I'll be a CARAMEL PERSON for a while? :) hahaha! I actually opted for the CARAMEL APPLE CUPCAAKE!!! which is my favoriiite cupcaake so faaaaaaaaaaaar!


CARAMEL APPLE



Chewy carameel topping with an unbelievably MOIIIIST APPLE CUUUPCAAKE!! You must be kidding!! I can definitely say that these are better than Georgetooown's!!! I sweaar! until now, I can't believe that I was able to eat the whole thiing!! hahah! Reminded myself of portion control and stuff, but believe me, once you've set your tastebuds on this cupcake, YOU NEVER WANT TO STOP! :))) I'm definitely going back this week to try their other new flavooors!!! :)))




------------

And we're down to our LAST STOP, FOR NOW :)

Yesterday, I decided to stop by Dupont Circle and just relax, read books and eat yogurt! That was the original plan....but then I find myself entering a Vegan cupcaake shop!!!

Say hi to HELLO CUPCAAAKE!! :D



This was the only cupcaaake store that I visited that doesn't sell RED VELVEETS!!! I asked the cashier person why and he told me that they actually use natural ingredients in their cupcakes, so that explains why they don't carry the super famous red velveets! 

But still, they've got quite a nice selection! Check them out! :))



THEIR BESTSELLER: PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOM!!










It was reallyyy hard for mee to choose! I wanted the Smores, lemon, carrot, etc! But when I laid my eyes on theeese,



I didn't have to thiink twice! :)

YOU WANNA KNOW WHY?

Cause they're actually called, "Princess Cupcakes" :)

I'm a SUPER HAPPPY KIIID!

PRINCESS CUPCAKES

They are vanilla cupcakes topped with fresh strawberry cream frostiiiing and the best part about it is that they're made with all natural ingredients! :)) But then I asked him how many calories are there in each

around 350-400!!!

Well, I guess that's not bad! And the thing about this cupcake is that you don't have that guilty feeling cause you know that you're eating something all natural & healthy! Definitely going back here to try other flaavooors! :))))))))

---------


Well so far, I've tried Georgetown, Sprinkles, Crumbs & Hello Cupcake shops and I think that each of them have their own unique and beautiful way of presenting cupcaaakes! But if you're gonna ask me, I'll go for Crumbs! Even though they're not as famous as the others, you will literally eat the crumbs left off inside the paper bag cause THEY ARE THAT GOOOOD! :))) I have yet to try Baked & Wired which they say is way more better than Georgetown so keep posted guys for more cupcaake adventures!!! 


TILL NEXT TIIIME,  CUPCAAAKE LOOVEERS!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments