18 + 1 Life Lessons I Dare Not Forget


Okay, so I have been rummaging through my laptop files and discovered that quite a long time ago, I've dreamt to publish my own book. Yes, you've got that right, my own book. And yes, I was that ambitious. And I still am right now *teehee


It felt like opening this huge treasure chest full of youth, inspiration, ambition, and the list goes ooon!!! I had collected quotations and sayings from people who inspire me, outlined lists of topics that I want to write about, and even made an Introduction part! I can't help but smile at the memory of writing all of these. In fact, I want to share the first lines that I made, and such could be traced back years ago.

Here it goes.



"Travel is fatal to prejudice....and narrow mindedness. " 
- Mark Twain

"The first time I rode an airplane, I was five. I can barely remember my first trip to the United States, but there is one thing I am definite about: it was a fresh start which led to the many places that I had visited and places that I am seriously dying to visit in the future. From the eclectic city of Paris, roaring wildlife in Africa to heavenly beaches in Bahamas and even all the way from North to South Pole, I'll be game for anything! Why not,  right? I promised myself that I will be traveling the world, and I will definitely fulfill that. But just like any other average teenager/aspiring-world-traveler who doesn't have any job or any other source of income, I would like to acknowledge my wonderful parents for their generosity and understanding of my eternal need  which is traveling!"

Well, looks like I have yet to fulfill such dreams! 

---And inspiration hit me, BIG TIME. That's why I'm writing this right now. From the files, I've written there, 18 Life Lessons I Dare Not Forget and after that was all blank. So now that I'm not 18 anymore(though I still feel like I am or even younger), I made a list, a random and crazy list - of beliefs and principles that I have faith with, of lessons that I've learned not only in life but from different people whose lives continue to touch mine, and of things that I want to apply in every single day of my life. I just hope that whatever it is that I wrote down here, are things that I will always live by.



1. For once in your life, do whatever it is that you want and face the consequences.

2. Treasure your "real friends." They're for keeps.

3. Love your family. They'll be there for you no matter what. Trust me.

4.Travel and explore the world. There's so much to see, taste and experience in life.

5. When you get into a relationship, be prepared to get d***** hurt.

6.Love someone not for what they have, but for who they truly are.

7. Value your health. Truly, it is a person's wealth.

8. Make a journal, a diary - it's going to help you think things through.

9. Learn the art of persuasion. It works wonders.

10. Live in the present moment. Don't get rotten by your past and feared by what's in the future.

11. Pray. Always.

12. Never settle less for what you deserve. 

13. Start saving and investing for your future. Be financially wise. (I know this one's pretty hard to do.)

14. Think carefully before you decide, but when you do, STAND FIRM ON IT.

15. Be  young and vibrant and enthusiastic. But don't act IMMATURE.

16. When things don't go the way you want it to, then START MOVING! 

17. Appreciate the little things. Say "Thank you."

18. You have to learn on your own. Make your own f****** mistakes and f****** learn from them.




And hey, beautiful creature, don't forget 
to LOVE yourself
cause everything starts from there.


Till next time,

your aspring world traveler ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments