Le Patisserie: A Traveler's Baking Portfolio



If there's one thing in the world that will never fail to put a smile :))))  in my face(aside from traveling to places where fairies and flowers and sugar cookies exist)  and feed my sweet desires, it'll definitely be PASTRIES. Give me anything with sprinkles, choco chips, marshmallows,  graham crackers, 

Like these graham smores cookies! Marshmallow+hershey's chocolate+graham crackers + choco chips = COOKIE HEAVEN <3

or anything sugary and buttery(yes i am serious! this may not be a friendly dietary buddy but definitely something you don't want to lack in your cookies!)  - and I'll be happy like a 5 year old kid after a long night of  Halloween trick or treating! <3

Well, not only do I love devouring a scrumptious chocolate FUDGY cake, a huge soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie,  irresistible vanilla & chocolate macaroons, and even my ALL TIME FAVORITE: RED VELVET CAKE *gasps  

and more gasps

- I am also fond of baking them to LIFE! <3 Cause if there's one thing I can pour all my effort into, that would be IT! I can seriously bake all night! YEESSSS!!!  And I've tried that a looot of times already! Have I mentioned about this certain project of ours whose original goal was to raise funds to go to France? Btw, if you have time please do visit my blog on our recent travel there: http://worldtravelerandbaker.blogspot.com/2012/02/project-france-budget-traveling-101.html - Thank you <3

Well it's called PROJECT FRANCE :) How did it all start? Well let's cut the LOOOOOOOONG story short. We wanted to go to France so bad so we decided to raise money through selling baked goods! :) In our case, we specialized on one product: SMOOOORES! <3 After so many baking sessions, we perfected the ULTIMATE SMORES RECIPE! <3 Take a peek! :)


PHOTO c/o one of PJ's co-owners: Clariz Tanganco


 Btw, you can still order them, just visit our facebook page: 
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pastries-by-Project-France/313157938699428

So that's first on my baking portfolio:


SMORES BARS! 

Well originally, I had always been fond of baking cookies! Graham smores cookies are my favoriiite! :) But I've tried making those big, fat and chewy ones but the first time I made them in a loong tiime, they came out too sugary for me. Here it is,
BIG, FAT, CHEWY CHOCO COOKIES



Eventually, I figured out the too sugaryy  part. :) How would they not be? I generously poured 2 cups of milk chocolate chips into the cookie batter + consider the cups of brown & granulated sugar on it - now tell me that's not TOO SUGARRYYY!  *winks So, the next time I made them, they came out just perfect and had just the right amount of sweetness in it! That's second on my list:


BIG, FAT, CHEWY CHOCO COOKIES!

Now, my favoriiiite! These graham smores cookies are definitely a HIT!  You can actually dream of bonfires and camps, indulging your senses on the buttery smell of these freshly baked cookies and while taking your first bite of the cookie: IMAGINE,  graham crackers with the melted marshmallows on top and the hershey's chocolate and the choco chips - melting in your mouth altogether...MMMmmmmmm..How good is thaaaaaaaaatt? <3 *makes me wanna bake right nooow!
Third on my baking portfolio: GRAHAM SMORES COOKIES <3

From bars to cookies, now we go to CAAAAAAAKES!  Yes! Don't you just love the the moistness of a chocolate caake combined with vanilla buttercream icing?  Well I had my first attempt to put icing in my chocolate cake, and it went like this:(well there's always a first time for everyone, right?  :D)
Well, it doesn't hurt to try, right? :) 


To whoever is reading this blog right now and looking at the picture above - I knooooow, it's okaaay laugh all you want!  :) I myself did. :D
Anyway, I call this cake Choco Caramel Lava cake! :)))))))  True enough, it looks like an after volcano eruption with the caramel sauce dripping all over like lavaaaaa!
*can't stop laughing! 
well, I remember trying to cover all those bulges in the chocolate cake with the icing(thanks to my brother's superb beating skills!)

So that's fourth on my baking portfolio -


CHOCO CARAMEL LAVA CAKE!

Notbeingsosuccessfulwithmyfirstattempt  doesn't mean that I was giving up. I wanted to learn how to bake the perfect chocolate cake and make the equally perfect icing for it <3 <3 <3 And Valentine's Day seemed to be the perfect day to experiment with my soon-to-be-superb baking skills! hahahha! :D  While at the grocery store, I found this cute heart shaped pan and had this crazy idea of making HEART SHAPED CAKE & HEART SHAPED COOKIES! 

HEART SHAPED COOKIES baked FROM THE HEART <3

TADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

maybee a different angle? :D

I knooow! I might need to practice my photography skilss!!

A heart shaped cookieee <3 

And another heart shaped cookiieeee <3

I know! aside from photography skills, my decorating skills need a lot of practice as well! :D
That makes my Heart Shaped Chocolate Cake - 5th on my baking portfolio, and 6th are my Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookies! 

Now, let's go miniiiiiii and cupcakeey with these lemon cupcakes with parmesan cheese toppings which is number 7 on my baking portfoliooo! This was just actually an experiment - but turned out that the lemon&cheese combination   striked a peeerfeect balaance togetheeer!  <3 

YUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM!!! 7th on my liiist!

*definitely going to make soome of these VERY SOON <3

Also made some chocolate cupcakess & red velvet cupcaakes - well unfortunately, I wasn't able to take a picture of those super yummy treaats!  But I will definitely be posting them as SOON as I set my foot on the kitchen and put my GAMEBAKEFACE ON. :)  

I must admiit, I haave a looot of practiiice to do and a loot of skiills to acquire - WHO CAARES? I loove whaat I'm doing anywaaay! <3 <3 <3

Let's now have a RECAP :)

1. SMOOORES <3
2. Big, FAT & Cheewy Choco Chip Cookies
3. My All Time Favorite Graham Smores Cookies
4.  Choco Caramel Lava Cake
5. Heart Shaped Chocolate Caaake <3
6. Heaart Shaped Cookiieees
7. Lemon Cupcaakes with Parmesaan Cheese Toppings
8. Chocolate Cupcaaakes
9. Red Velveet Cupcaakes

Hope you had fun browsing through the hits and misses of some of my baking adventures! :)  Definitely more to come as I will soon make a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT  on an adventure that together, we will soon take! 
and taste! <3 

Trust me, it's going to be a mouth watering experience! Till my next post!



You Might Also Like

0 comments